Procrastination station, NaNoWriMo, Realizations.

9:21 AM

Apparently I'm really fond of the word 'Procrastination' considering two, now three, blog post titles have the word in there. It's so accurate though. If procrastinating was a solid career option, I would so get paid because I'm a professional.
On another note, I'm pretty sure that Come To Me by The Goo Goo Dolls will be my wedding song, because I'm so fucking in love with it, like I seriously cannot stop listening to it. It's always stuck in my head, and I'm always humming the tune. I would say it's the worst, but it's not.
Also I started NaNoWriMo, and in the total 7 days of November, I've written a resounding total of 986 words. God I know, I'm a word master. (except totally not, because I've seen other people tweet about their progress, and their word count is well over 6,000 words MORE than mine. Seriously, what the fuck is wrong with you people. Do you not have social lives or pressing matters to attend too? IT'S FUCKING NOVEMBER 7TH, DO YOU EVER SLEEP?)
Anyway, I'm going to work really hard to write 1,000 words a day. By the end of November that's 200,000 some words. But that's only if I buckle down and get my shit together right now. Which is harder than it sounds, seriously.
But I've been trying to remember a realization that should have been obvious for a long time. And that's to just write something really fucking great, and stop trying to be great for everyone else. Be great for yourself. Write for you, because if you think it's great, then it will be. Stop worrying about the acceptance from people you don't even like. Who fucking cares what they think. Not you.
I tell myself that every day when I sit down to write. I need to write the story that I have in my brain. I want to write the story that I NEED to write. Don't write the perfect story for other people, write what you need too.
Sometimes I even write that over and over again all over random pieces of paper and on old receipts and on my hand and sticky notes, just to beat it into my brain.
I've done pretty much nothing this week except add Indiana Jones VHS tapes and cat leggings to my cart on Amazon. That's about it. Oh wait, as aforementioned, I also wrote 986 words. (nope, there's still a pang of disappointment every time I say it. sigh.)
I should also probably mention that the novel i'm working on for NaNo is my apocalypse novel. Which is the book I'm blogging about.
Oh, also, this has been a week from hell. Because we lost two baby kittens, and a dog that has been in my family for a little over 13 years. It has been devastating. Hopefully next week is better.
Hopefully.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.