Chapter One.

12:07 AM

My writing snack of the week is: Mini dark chocolate Hershey bars, almonds, and iced vanilla spice tea.
-
This is my attempt at a daily blog. I'm bad at writing on blogs every day. Like, severely horrible. If my life depended on it, I'm pretty sure I would die. So I'm hoping that I can stick with this, because the life of my book depends on it. For every book chapter I write, I’m going to write a blog post of my thought process, as well as any progress I make.  I just finished writing a chapter, and I sent it off to my best friends and sister for proofing. I had a thought while I was writing and felt the need to express it here. Ideas are very strange things. They’re almost like brain turds. They come from the simplest, or the silliest, or the most mundane of things. For example, I was washing my hands and had the strangest thought, which is what gave me the idea for my first chapter. I thought, “How deep does water have to be in order for someone to drown?” And I know that sounds morbid, but it really isn’t, considering my book is pretty much about wizard assassins, and she uses torture in order to receive answers from various baddies(bad guys, in case I had to clear that up for anyone.) But anyway, when I thought that, I didn’t even finish drying my hands before I was on my way upstairs to bang out ideas on my laptop. I talked it out with my sister for quite some time before I finally wrote my first chapter. And that’s what I’m talking about. An idea came from the thoughts that occurred whilst washing my hands.
Thus, the term brain turds was formed.
Anyway. I have very good friends and family that keep me grounded when my thoughts lift me too high. I am fortunate that they are very truthful, and will tell me when something is too much. I was too busy thinking about what actor would play my protagonist if my book were to be turned into a movie when my sister kindly reminded me that I haven't even begun writing the second chapter.
I’ve had some very lengthy discussions with my sister about this book, and I've finally decided to write it. I mean, granted, I did a ton of research but I have also spent a lot of my time stalling and worrying instead of writing. I have written many excerpts from different parts of the book, but I have never written an entire chapter until right now. And god is it hard.
I was in such a great flow in the beginning and then there was a pause in my thoughts. I made myself another cup of tea, ate a few more almonds and a lot more chocolate, and then I was back in the flow. This happened a few times, but I finally finished. I’ve written a few ideas and sentences for the next chapter, and hopefully I can bang that out tomorrow. I’m butting heads with my protagonist at the moment. She’s a moody little bitch and she’s got a lot to say.
 

Today's inspiring tea message: "We are here to love each other, serve each other, and uplift each other."

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Powered by Blogger.